University History

Our history

In 2004, the College of Humanities, a branch of Koya University, was established in Rania. Its initial formation encompassed three departments: History, Geography, and Arabic Language. The same year witnessed the establishment of the College of Languages in Qaladze, which included the Arabic Language Department. Subsequently, the Department of Philosophy emerged within the College of Humanities in 2005. The College of Nursing took root in Rania in 2008, followed by the Department of English in the College of Languages and the College of Basic Education in 2009, housing Kurdish, Arabic, Computer, and Mathematics departments. The proliferation of departments and colleges set the stage for an autonomous university in the Raparin Area (Bitwen and Pishder). Per the decree of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers (No. 1670) on 8-7-2010, Section 1, Act 7, and in alignment with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research Law (No. 10) of 2008, Raparin University was established. Subsequently, April 4 was designated as the University of Raparin.

Shaping the past, the present and the future

2010

Foundation of UoR

ed lacinia orci a velit pharetra eleifend. Integer nulla sapien, tems. Praesent rutrum libero nec odio condimentum, et condimentum odio vehicula. Mauris eu arcu lacus. sit amet pellentesque auctor, pharetra accumsan mauris. Donec nulla elit, pharetra ac posuere vitae,

2015

Foundation of UoR

ed lacinia orci a velit pharetra eleifend. Integer nulla sapien, tems. Praesent rutrum libero nec odio condimentum, et condimentum odio vehicula. Mauris eu arcu lacus. sit amet pellentesque auctor, pharetra accumsan mauris. Donec nulla elit, pharetra ac posuere vitae,

2020

Foundation of UoR

ed lacinia orci a velit pharetra eleifend. Integer nulla sapien, tems. Praesent rutrum libero nec odio condimentum, et condimentum odio vehicula. Mauris eu arcu lacus. sit amet pellentesque auctor, pharetra accumsan mauris. Donec nulla elit, pharetra ac posuere vitae,